Bev'N'Ley are two curiously creative beavers who reside in Beverley's Market Cross. Published in Just Beverley, the short fictional adventures mix mischief and facts of the town.
- 'April Fool' Issue 87 April 22
- 'Make a Mayor' Issue 88 May 22
- 'A Day Fit for a Dad' Issue 89 June 22
- 'Enjoy the Summer Sunshine' Issue 90 July 22
- 'Hide and Seek' Issue 91 August 22
- 'Treasure Trails' Issue 92 September 22
Illustrations of Bev'N'Ley by Jasmine Stephenson
A mix of primary aged children who perfered gaming to reading were taken on a workshop based journey to find their stories. First they had to write them, then design the tales in Minecraft before finally sharing their finished games on YouTube and a server where anyone could play.
Not only did this encourage children to write and engage with narratives, but introduced them to basic coding and video editing skills.
An article written for FutureBook, The Bookseller's dynamic brand for the emergent, disruptive parts of the publishing business.
Digital equals diversity at Manchester's National Creative Writing Graduate Fair.